Monday, June 8, 2009

Zachary

Our honeymoon is over and it is back to Real Life. I have to go back to work tomorrow, and our little days of one on one cuddles come to an end. I will miss that so much.

You have grown SO much since we brought you home, a wee little (well, not SO little!) thing who never cried, just mewled like a cat when he was hungry, whose eyes we delighted in seeing open because it happened so rarely. Now you are really coming into your personality – you babble and talk happily all the time and the smiles and giggles are plentiful. You are such a happy little man. We prop you up in the corner of the couch and you hang out, watching your big brother’s shenanigans and occasionally getting sucked in my the mesmerizing twirl of the ceiling fan. You sleep wonderfully. I am trying not to get too cocky about that, since your brother was a great sleeper till I went back to work, too. We will see, but I’d appreciate it if you’d keep in mind that Mommy likes to sleep foe 6 or so hours in a row. She likes it a LOT.

You are going to your big brothers school, and the same ladies who watched him as a baby will have and love you. I know you will be well cared for, but I will worry and fret and think of you every second anyway.

I am going to miss you so much. Your leg chub, the little fat rolls under your baby chin, your gummy smile and laugh, your milky baby smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment